July 27, 2013

二本 Japan Adventure overview....


Our train ride to Tokyo from Narita
Japan, Nippon, the land of the rising sun! What? Why Japan I get asked many times. ------
History-5 Years ago in 2009 I spend a year teaching in Japan- as my older posts record. It was due to my desire to see the world and follow God. I was accepted into a wonderful Japanese Family- who to many I still call my family (where then I get the look like- you are not japanese how do you have family there?) Well I do they adopted me 5 years ago and I plan on visiting them as much as I can!  I also met my first missionary of my generation- Annie McInnis (Chen) and a wonderful church who we pray for fervently. Anyhwo....Matthew, my husband, is a Marine who was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan early in his military career and has always wanted to visit the base again.
-2 years ago when we got married we told eachother- WE want to see Japan from eachothers eyes to see what we always talked about the family, base, and sights that we were able to see but just not together. Thus we saved and saved and last summer said we are going to Japan 2013! And we did! It seems like a whirl wind but here is a few blogs about our story! 
Japan Adventure.
So our Japan Journey begins June 5, 2013. We left Sioux Falls to Denver then to LA then the 12 hour plane ride to Japan.  When got to Tokyo we were going to stay there for a few days just to rest up and get our minds set for the re-adventure. Right away we found out that we do not "fit in". Now some of us more than others. Our first "hotel" was very small but not just the space the door way was around 6 ft and Matthew is 6' 5". We laughed many times.... (this was the whole trip- we laughed often and joked around and had a blast.)
We also went to the Sky deck at Ropongi Hills off the Ropongi Station. It had a great view. Matthew enjoyed seeing the window washing mechanics as well which was a highlight for him


 Our first few days we visited many Tokyo sites. We saw the huge lantern at the Sensoji Temple off the Metro Station Asakusa. (Tokyo is based off of the Train station.- or that is how I travel!- There was one map that allowed us to go anywhere in Tokyo which makes Tokyo a very easy city to travel).
 We also were able to eat at some of the best places in Tokyo and eat the food of the area. We ate Tempura (japanese breading) close to the Sensoji Temple and we sat on the floor. Now that is not something we always did -sitting on the floor- but it was a fun experience. Also the look the man behind us gave when Matthew stood up I thought he was going to drop his food from his mouth.


 We then went to Shinjuku station and ate sushi at UOBEI a computer based sushi resturant with sushi that came out on Shinkonsens (fast trains). I had never been here before and had a great experience. Tokyo is a place I knew well due to living 3 hours from here in Kofu. So I was able to show Matthew my favorite spots.



So this is the first few days. We walked a ton so no extra workouts were needed. We ate and enjoyed the first few days... Next on to Isawa Onsen and Kofu which means going home....

Till next time..

(this will be a new thing- a thought for the day something I have stumbled upon for the time). 

In order to receive the gifts God has for you, you have to step out and seek him. He is waiting...


 ~MOlly

No comments: