August 5, 2013

The Second Part of the Journey!

So the journey in Japan continues..... We travel from Tokyo to Isawa Onsen (in land straight-ish west from Tokyo). Here is where our dear friends THE CHEN's live. 


History-
Ok it is my first waking day in Japan and I am already overwhelmed by a lot of things but this I still do pray "Lord lead me to a church and friends to help me as I venture into this first year of teaching." And he does through a few mutual friends a Women of God named Annie McInnis (at the time). She started as a fire starter in Japan gathering friends to have bible studies and turned into a wonderful sleep over friend who paints her ring finger too and loves to run and struggles with me and encourages me... OK so that is who I am visiting.. A sister and brother in Christ... Their relationship I saw at the beginning and now get to see the fruit of God's hands! 


 This is the wonderful church I went to while teaching in Japan. Annie and Adeng are singing for music night. I SO loved to visit my Japanese home church to see old friends and see growth. This was all from pictures for Matthew before the trip so people became more than pictures here. Better to remember and pray for. We were able to go to church as well as a English Bible Study one night It was fantastic.
 This is the Chen's home! What a nice view and wonderful home.
 Annie said lets walk up the mountain- I said yeah sure... WOW it was straight up in the air but we made it! 
 Every meal we at with them was SOOO delicious and made with love. They are both wonderful cooks so we enjoyed it all. Especially the Japanese breakfast below!
 Below is an after Bible Study sushi eating. It was Fantastic!

After during this wonderful trip we  went to visit my Family close by in Kofu.

History- 
The Muramatsu's took me in the first 2 weeks to stay at their house and then send me off to my new place. What a wonderful Family- God orchestrated that one too! We went on family trips, when to their home in the mountains, and spent many hours studying Japanese together. SO here is the time I got to celebrate new babies, laugh and hug family and have them meet Matthew. 

 Some of the family- Left to Right- Akane (sister) her daughter Yuni, Nagisa (sister) Jyo Jyo (joe joe) the cutest son, Natsuko (sensei and mom)
 Yoshi (dad) is on the left and in front of her is Miyu- the daughter I knew from the last time we were there. I gave them some books and a sock monkey.
 Nagisa and I are very close sisters and she shared many great places with me. Washiyashia- I need to look up the spelling- was a WONDERFUL diamond in Kofu. I will write more about it later.
 Isn't Jyo Jyo soooo cute! We had so much fun!

After visiting family for a few days we went out for lunch with our dear friends Takao and Roberta.

History-
Takao and Roberta took care of us as well. Roberta being a missionary in Japan married her first English student Takao- and wonderful story best told by them! Takao's amazing stories and history always gives me a better understanding of Japan and deeper appreciation for everything that has happened between the US and Japan in history. Roberta is a mother to us who always kept us well taken care of encouraged and loved. She was always giving us knowledge we could use and we enjoyed every min of talking with both of them.


After this we were dropped back off for a few days with Annie and Adeng and then we will start Stage 3.

This is so short and I can't begin to tell you how much God was preparing our way and how much we grew in him by visiting Japan.

P.S. Your time is now, your choice what to do with it. Choose Life.

~MOlly


No comments: