August 5, 2013

わじあじあ-Wajiajia- The Diamond in the rock!

 The Owners and Artisans

Wajiajia is a wonderful nook in Kofu. My first year in Japan I was honored to go with Nagisa to visit her friends who have this very unique shop. I took many pictures of the Chai Tea and cookie they offered me and loved the eclectic feel of the store. Nagisa took Matthew and I to Wajiajia again for our trip and I fell in love again. The Owners/Artisans are very unique. They travel all over the world picking up little trinkets, jewelry, pots, pans, bags, clothes, and many other things which are organic and very earthy. They then resell these things in Japan along side their own creations. They have many drinks but the many authentic Chai Teas they have are my favorite. The lady above then bakes these complementary buiscuts/cookies which go along with the Chai so perfectly. Nagisa told Matthew that he would think this shop is "a Molly and Nagisa Shop" and boy is she right. I love this shop and love to spread the word about it wherever I go. I bought a pair of earrings again this time that were created by the Owners which were made of ocean glass from a Japanese beach and gold metal pieces which had a very unique detail to the finish. I also bought this little house made of recycled materials which reminds me of a little farm house back here in the Midwest! What a wonderful shop I can't rave about them enough. I hope they travel to America someday and we can meet up and find cute shops here in America together! 








 The chai tea and cookie- even the serving plates are wonderful! LOVE IT!

The outside of the shop- hard to find if you do not know what you are looking for- The mystery and seclusion makes it one of my favorite places!

~MOlly

No comments: